Keeping our children safe online
Many children now use social media from a very early age to communicate. There are lots of fun and exciting games being developed all the time which involve children talking to others online.
Here are a few safety tips….
- Adults should know what children are doing online.
- When chatting we should be polite and respectful as we would if we were talking directly to someone.
- Facebook and Instragram (and some other sites) have a minimum age of 13 years.
Parents can check the content of all apps, games etc at commonsensemedia.org
and read reviews from other parents.
Make sure children know what to do if they are upset by something they hear or see online,
TELL AN ADULT.
At Summercourt Academy children's safety is at the centre of everything we do. This includes helping children to stay safe when using the ever changing electronic devices they come across.
Below are some more links to some excellent websites dealing with e-safety:
- YouTube Safety Fact Sheet.pdf
- SWGFL Online Safety Guidance for Parents.pdf
- Using an iPhone Safely.pdf
- Parents Guide to Cybersecurity.pdf
- Screen Addiction Guide-May 2018.pdf
- DITTO June 2018.pdf